I have been doing more university service recently, which has gotten me "invited" to be at a couple of different regular "big wig" meetings. I had one today that started at noon and was to run until 2pm. Since I didn't manage to walk away from my desk early enough to pick up something to eat on my way to the meeting, I was starving when I walked in. Fearing the onset of a headache, I poked around in my bag. Along with a stray (but clean) pull-up, I found this:
I only briefly hesitated, but feeling a bit desperate, I cracked open the top and tried to be as discrete as possible as I sucked down a Grover tube of baby food. And then, out of the corner of my eye, I notice something sparkly far under the large wooden table. It was one of those little tiny gold star stickers that elementary school teachers use.
It was there. All by itself. Under the table. In a big-wig conference room at a major R1 university. Hmm.
I only briefly hesitated, but feeling a bit desperate, I cracked open the top and tried to be as discrete as possible as I sucked down a Grover tube of baby food. And then, out of the corner of my eye, I notice something sparkly far under the large wooden table. It was one of those little tiny gold star stickers that elementary school teachers use.
It was there. All by itself. Under the table. In a big-wig conference room at a major R1 university. Hmm.


Hahaha.
ReplyDelete