I have a dr's apt tomorrow. I just spent 30 minutes finding a lightweight outfit that I could also lecture in. Why lightweight? So that I can weigh in as little extra weight as possible... I am embarrassed to admit that I actually think about it, but I have already gained 20 lbs and still have 16 weeks to go... I feel so shallow.
How funny! I have no doubt I'd do the same thing... hope the appointment goes marvelously!
ReplyDeleteNo WAY.... That is hilarious. I was just thinking about that this week. That I needed to find my lightest winter clothes. Too funny. I would wear tank tops last time and not drink right before,so I could be as little as possible. Which by the way NEVER happened. I topped in at 203(yikes scary) and had gained almost 50 lbs. Good luck. Pee before weigh.
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding? I shed as much clothing as possible when I get on that scale. And I drink and pee like crazy before I arrive.
ReplyDeleteWe are, sadly, products of our culture.
You are healthy, and so is your little one ... my midwife says that's REALLY what matters.
Totally! I am scared of the next weighing. At the last one, i weighed nearly as much as my husband. This next time, I'm sure to be heavier than he is-- I am not sure I want to tell him!
ReplyDeleteI sometimes try to get in an extra poop before I have to weigh in and that's without being pregnant. xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI always said (when I didn't even think I wanted kids) that when (when! the presumption on this one) I got pregnant I would eat whatever I wanted and flaunt my belly all over the place. Because you're supposed to gain weight when you're pregnant! It's beautiful and awesome, and you're giving nourishment to a life.
ReplyDeleteAnd while I still believe that, on the flip side, now I totally get that you still keep a good part of that weight after the birth.
So no worries. We get it. Just remember that you're supposed to gain weight!
Love what Kim said! I always think to myself "did I poop today?" when I have to weigh in.
It took a lot for me not to freak when I was at the Dr this morning because I now weigh more than I ever have in my life. It's all downhill from here. ;-)
ReplyDelete