A few weeks ago a rather odd thing happened...
I was hanging out on campus with M and I let her run ahead. It was sort of an experiment to see just how far she'd go away from me before coming back. Ok, I'm a first-time mom. I'm naive. Turns out that these little toddlers will just keep going and going and going.
But as I was taking off after her she tripped. This of course resulted in a pool of tears, mama picking her up, snuggles and soft words to comfort her.
As we were sitting on a bench recovering from the trip, a group of Chinese tourist came by and started taking our picture. They were talking with each other animatedly, having a conversation that I didn't understand one word of but the tone certainly was something like, "oh look, American mother and child. Her toddler ran off and then tripped, needing to be comforted. Just like our toddlers do!"
And then, you'll love this. One of the women sat down beside me and posed for the camera. "Hey honey, take my picture with American mother and child! No one at home will believe this!"
Too freaking funny. I was so weirded out, but I did smile for the posed photo. What else can you do???
No comments:
Post a Comment