Do you all remember that song from the early 1990s? This has been running through my head lately.
Ok, here's my latest question about men. Or, at least, about some men, which includes my dear spouse. Love him dearly, but...
Dh and I both tend to grind our teeth at night and wear mouth guards. MOST unattractive, if you ask me. So, I always slip mine in at the very last minute before going to sleep, right after turning off the light. And I take it out first thing in the morning, before talking to anyone.
But Dh? Nah. He puts his in right after he does his definitely-not-discrete-evening-poopoo and changes into his PJs, which are comprised of a t-shirt that is all stretched out and three sizes too big and a pair of flannel PJ bottoms pulled up to his rib-cage and (both of which collect lint and cat fur like crazy) tucked into big fuzzy socks. Then he gets in bed and reads for an hour or so. This means that if I hop in bed to have a little intimate conversation or snuggle, he's got that damn mouth guard in. It's gross. And then in the morning, he'll sometimes flip it out of his mouth a little with his tongue and try to get M to play with it. Double gross. And, might I add, stinky.
Ok, next example. In the morning before I've had a chance to brush my teeth, I am really cautious about not talking or breathing right into someone else's face. Dh? Nope. He while often sigh right in my face. Disgusto.
And those PJs. I'd cut him some slack on being comfortable if it weren't for the mouth guard and morning breath thing.
Is it just me or does it seem like there ought to be at least a little bit of effort to keep one's spouse physically attracted to you? I know that when you live with someone you get to know them warts and all. But I do try to keep my warts out of his face so he's not constantly reminded of 'em.
Is this a guy thing, more generally speaking? If yes, don't they ever worry about not seeming attractive to their wives anymore? It is SOOOO not sexy...
You should be talking to him about these concerns. It doesn't matter what the internet thinks, just what the two of you think.
ReplyDeleteI worry about this sort of thing. Mostly in reverse however. How about organising a night in, if you know what I mean? Resetting the romance sometimes takes a little work but its great fun!!
ReplyDeleteI hear you loud and clear on this.
ReplyDeleteI don't get it, either.
Here's my tip: if there is an article of clothing (like said pjs) that I absolutely can't stand, I do us both a favour and arrange for them to get "lost" one day when the hubby isn't home. Just get rid of 'em!!!! And when he looks for them, you have no idea where they went! Oops! Then buy or help him pick out the much improved replacement. As for the breath/mouthguard thing, I simply say, "Aw, honey, could you pullllleeeeease at least BLANK? It's such a turn-off when you BLANK! How would you like it if I BLANKED every night???" If I say it enough times, it can help change the behaviour.
Ah love - ain't it grand?
Happy Valentine's Day! ;)
Love,
Maddy