I was talking with a good friend the other day and she said that, despite being in her 40s, she had only just learned that a skin-colored tank under a white shirt is less obvious than a white tank. That got us talking about girlie things and sharing tips that work for us. So, I thought I'd share mine:
1) I have really furry arms, and I never liked them. About 7 years ago,, after a few glasses of wine, I asked a somewhat random person how it was that she had such smooth arms. She said that she shaves her arms. Really?! It had never dawned on me that you could do that... I now shave my arms about once a week and stubble is not really ever noticable. I am much happier with my arms.
2) I really like these undies: comandos. Yes, I really do spend about $20 on a pair of underwear, which is likely a crime against humanity. But, they last a really, really long time (years) and I never worry about underwear lines.
3) Unfortunately, horizontal dancing is ridiculously infrequent in my life. But for some reason (maybe it's the undies?), I do like to keep my bikini zone in shape. I wax at home, as I might be willing to spend $20 on underwear but not on something that I can do myself in about 5 minutes at home for much, much less. My preferred wax is this: Moom.
4) A few months ago I started having this rash-like thing on my eyelid. It was a littly itchy, very scaly, and felt weird and looked not too good (although only my daughter seemed to notice). I tried cortisone cream and antibiotic ointment (I was in Africa, few options). Nothing helped. And then it started to be on my other eyelid. Oof. For some reason, I was compelled to ask the lady at the Clinique counter as I was walking through the department store with my daughter to get her a new pair of sneakers. She suggested this amazing eye cream, and you know what? Within days it was going away! And now, it's all gone, 10 days later. I am guessing that as we get older our eyelids get drier, or something like that? Anyway, it if happens to you, eyecream.
5) I was thinking of buying this really cute leopard skin belt from Boden, but then when I was walking through Target yesterday, I bought almost the exact same belt for less than half the price.
Do you have any for me?!
1) I have really furry arms, and I never liked them. About 7 years ago,, after a few glasses of wine, I asked a somewhat random person how it was that she had such smooth arms. She said that she shaves her arms. Really?! It had never dawned on me that you could do that... I now shave my arms about once a week and stubble is not really ever noticable. I am much happier with my arms.
2) I really like these undies: comandos. Yes, I really do spend about $20 on a pair of underwear, which is likely a crime against humanity. But, they last a really, really long time (years) and I never worry about underwear lines.
3) Unfortunately, horizontal dancing is ridiculously infrequent in my life. But for some reason (maybe it's the undies?), I do like to keep my bikini zone in shape. I wax at home, as I might be willing to spend $20 on underwear but not on something that I can do myself in about 5 minutes at home for much, much less. My preferred wax is this: Moom.
4) A few months ago I started having this rash-like thing on my eyelid. It was a littly itchy, very scaly, and felt weird and looked not too good (although only my daughter seemed to notice). I tried cortisone cream and antibiotic ointment (I was in Africa, few options). Nothing helped. And then it started to be on my other eyelid. Oof. For some reason, I was compelled to ask the lady at the Clinique counter as I was walking through the department store with my daughter to get her a new pair of sneakers. She suggested this amazing eye cream, and you know what? Within days it was going away! And now, it's all gone, 10 days later. I am guessing that as we get older our eyelids get drier, or something like that? Anyway, it if happens to you, eyecream.
5) I was thinking of buying this really cute leopard skin belt from Boden, but then when I was walking through Target yesterday, I bought almost the exact same belt for less than half the price.
Do you have any for me?!
Nope--sorry!
ReplyDeleteMy best trick is buying certain clothes--like PJs--from the children's dept but that only works because I'm really short.
Boden! You, too? All of my colleagues seemed to wear Boden dresses, and so I bought one. Everyone noticed.
ReplyDeleteI have no girlie life hacks...because I'm apparently still learning them. ;)
Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com
I just learned today to put my eye makeup on before everything else because if I screw it up, I can wipe it off without messing up all of my makeup. #gofigure
ReplyDelete