Sunday, March 13, 2011

the daylight savings surprise!

At 2:30am on saturday night (a time that technically didn't exist) I was woken up by an amazing tsunami of amniotic fluid gushing from my body. There was lots of meconium in it so I've been at the hospital ever since. Contractions started on their own as we were driving to the hospital. Around noon I went for an epidural and things are moving slow but I am feeling pretty good. 5cm and 100% effaced. I have thrown up a few times, which I hadn't realized often comes with labor. Now, just waiting. The amazing thing is that it is happening and it doesn't feel anywhere near as sureal as I was expecting...

14 comments:

  1. ohmygoodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You sound so calm! I am so excited for you and have been thinking of you so much this weekend! Talk about springing forward!!! Sending lots of love!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and Good Luck - hope everything keeps going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a surprise! Sending lots of good wishes and hopes things progress very well for you. Will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lots of good birthing thoughts heading your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww.... and you got to tell your hubby "it's time" in the middle of the night at home! Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! she could be here by now! hope you are all doing well, eagerly awaiting an update!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!!! I am sure you have given birth by now, I hope all is well and lokking forwaard to the birth story! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there inB!!! I can't wait for your next posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, you probably have a baby by now! Can't wait for your next post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So exciting!!! Hope you & baby are doing well. Sending so many positive thoughts & lots of love your way! Can't wait to hear the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope to hear the great news soon! Thinking of you--

    ReplyDelete