I had an OB appointment this morning and a fetal heart monitoring (non-stress test).
Turns out that my body got started on this birthing thing a few weeks ago but nothing has changed in about 3 weeks. So, the OB wants to take action.
Since she'll be in the hospital on Monday we are going to go in on Sunday night and start inducing! They'll give me cervidil on Sunday night and some drugs to help me sleep. At 6:30am on Monday I'll start pitocin. If all goes well little M will be born Monday afternoon/evening.
I had feelings of "don't want to do that", realizing that I had developed a little scenario in the back of my mind about waking up with contractions, waking up Dh, laboring at home for a while, etc. I guess I also had kind of wanted something about this pregnancy to start "naturally", as if it was meant to be.
But that's silly. "Meant to be" makes no sense. Just because something is random does that mean it was meant to be? Was my miscarriage "meant to be"? Was the tsunami and earthquake in Japan meant to be since it happened "naturally"? Obviously the answer will depend somewhat on your religious leanings. But for me, the answer is "no".
An induction, in many ways, makes life a bit less stressful as we go into this transition. Part of what has been really hard on me this last week has been the anticipation and let-down. Every morning I wake up a bit disappointed that I didn't go into labor. And I have to psych myself back into enjoying what might be my last day of pregnancy.
It looks like I have two more nights in my own bed before I have my baby!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. Little M will be here soon!!!!
Hooray! I like that you have a plan now, and have a better sense of what and when things will happen. Exciting!!
ReplyDeleteWow, so exciting!
ReplyDeleteThis is exciting.. I can't wait for you to meet Little M. Eat alot of great food this weekend because you will be eating hospital food next week.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to have a date, to know that you are going to start having this baby by the end of the week! No more indefinitely waiting....
ReplyDeleteI am SO excited for little M to get here, so you can move on from the discomforts of pregnancy and onto the Incredible Cuteness. Can't wait for all further updates!!!
Love your point about what is "meant to be"! I'm so excited that Lil M should be here by end of day Monday!!! I'll be sending you positive energy!!!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to meet M! I had pitocin the first time ... my advice is let yourself take pain medication if you think you need it. We will be cheering you on!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you! This is going to be wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI'm super happy that you have a date now. The next two days will be slow and fast. Congratulations! I've been thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteI'm soooooo excited!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, email or call me if you have any last minute questions, although I'm no help at all on labor and delivery.
BTW, I know you are hesitant about giving out your RL location, but I would love to send something to you and M ... I promise I will keep it secret.
ReplyDeleteTonight's the night! So beyond happy for you! Here's to a quick labor and delivery - and a healthy baby M in your arms by tomorrow night :)
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking of you tomorrow! I hope all goes smoothly, and I can't wait to hear how beautiful baby M is!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting, I will be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow! Can't wait to see and welcome Baby M!
ReplyDelete