Friday, July 20, 2012

and mama makes three

I'm back!!!  Mads and her daddy came to pick me up at the airport.  She immediately went into my arms but was looking at me with a confused look of "you seem so familiar but..." and then I kissed her neck, made funny kissy noises and dipped her like I like to do and she immediately broke into laughter and "mama!"

That first day was kind of weird, to be a visitor in the role that I used to dominate, but wonderful to see dh doing it so well.  I've had to learn the new details of the routine and get to know the new M-quirks.

And it was odd to see her in 3-d.  I had gotten so used to her being 2 dimensional from the photos and videos.  And she smells different, a little more like a typical toddlery kid which is something I had never noticed before.  I think it might be the diaper cream or the diapers.

M also got her deciduous molars while I was away.  The funny thing about this is that now she gets bad breath at night.  Cute, in a kind of yucky way.  Bad baby breath.  :)

All in all I think this field work thing was ok.  Everyone seems to be doing really well, including me, so maybe, just maybe we'll be able to make this 2-parents-who-do-fieldwork-thing work.

1 comment: