Saturday, July 28, 2012
the pleasure of the day
Today was a mama day. I played mama all day and enjoyed it immensely. It's been a while.
The three of us took the kitty to the vet early in the morning, then figured out how to install the big-girl car seat in our car. Wethen went for a little drive so M could enjoy the view facing forward. This seemed to be of absolutely no consequence to her, which surprises me, but minimally it is more fun to have her facing forward because then at least she is more involved in the conversation and we can see her.
After a lunch out we dropped dh at school where he's planning to stay until late. So it was just me and M all afternoon. It iphas been a really long time since it was just the twos of us.
And it went really well. There is a rhythym to being with a baby/toddler by yourself that is immpossible to have when there is more than one adult around. I find the rhythym that M and I get into is very relaxing for me, comfortable, happy. We are totally happy with her daddy around but it isn't the same. You know what I mean?
M's daycare is closed all next week so we have all week together. I am looking forward to it. And then, I am looking forward to travelling to a conferency-thing for the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment