Tuesday, July 31, 2012

baby addict

I worry that my baby might be addicted to orajel.  She wakes up at night now and wants it.  I went to sit down with her last night when she woke up and she freaked out until I started walkimg toward the bathroom.  It was like that hot-warm-cold game.  She would start to cry with different intensities if I was heading in the wrong direction or not doing the right thing.  Very interesting.

And she did the same thing with goldfishy crackers and fig newtons this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. She's not addicted to the orajel or 'fishes' or fig newtown (really!!) its watching mum responding to her voice. How do I know this - its what my doctor told me. Seriously, he said that there is a phase when kids learn associative behavior - I scream, people run to me. Fantastic!

    I tried it too but someone called the authorities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is doing the same thing - screaming for what she wants, going more or less shrill depending on whether or not I get it right. It's interesting to think that she's learning cause and effect - these babies just grow too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Very Pavlovian! Does she not need the Orajel (not teething)? She sounds effective at getting what she wants/needs. :-)

    ReplyDelete