You know that semi-awake state you go into several times a night, usually when you roll over or something like that? You are aware but not really awake. And your brain can play weird games on you? Like when you are traveling and forget where you are?
Ever since I started working pretty closely on a project with a male co-director I have the same semi-awake thing happen for weeks after I get home every year. I panic a little that I am sharing a bed with him but am sleeping too close, or wearing PJs that are a little too revealing, or something along those lines. It takes me a few seconds to wake up enough to realize that its ok, that the man beside me is my husband and I am allowed to sleep close or have my nightgown up around my waist.
Weird.
Academia. Some things just don't change ... and they go deep, deep into the subconscious. I don't think it's weird at all ... you've been conditioned to think that way for years!
ReplyDeleteHa! I am sure it's less amusing to experience... I hope you won't call out his name in your sleep!
ReplyDeleteHa! Very interesting. Maybe a little harmless attraction vibe going one way or the other? Maybe channel into some lovemaking with the husband? :) or maybe that wouldn't work at all!
ReplyDelete