Tuesday, December 7, 2010

And the day is only half over...

So far today I have:

Taken my neighbor and her dog to the vet's because I accidentally hit the dog (crazy-ass dog that ran into my car, not my fault but hard to quibble with a distraught owner).  I paid the $1,000 vet bill on my credit card anyway, guessing it would go a long way for neighborly-ness...

Learned that the contractor who won't finish my house renovation is an alcoholic.

Dealt with two student papers that were plagiarized.

If I could drink I'd have a martini for lunch, except that I still need to prepare for my final lecture.  I hope the rest of the day does not follow suit.

8 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! $1000 vet bill??? That's AWFUL. Especially since she probably will see your paying the bill as an admission of guilt. What a bad day! :(

    Funny, though, isn't it, how these things take on less of an atmosphere of calamity when you know that your baby is currently ok? It's like nothing else matters.

    And somehow, I feel I'd rather get stiffed with a $1000 vet bill than prepare a lecture right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I just didn't want to fight about it and it seemed easier to make the neighbor happy. I think she knows that it wasn't my fault, and afterall, we do have a leash law here and that dog wasn't on a leash. But $1,000 to avoid the emotion of fighting with a neighbor? Well worth it in my condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief, what a day! I hope it improves considerably :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes. Days like that are the days I think it'd be best to simply get back into bed. I think I would have paid the $1000, too. And maybe stewed about it later, in private. Hope your day improves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! What was her dog doing out? I'm a dog person but mine stay in my fence/in the house. When they get out... (and they have) I'm responsible. You are a great neighbor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEs that day sucks so far! BTW-You are a great neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes -- I hope part 2 was better than part 1! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, thank you, for you comment on my blog today.. I read your retrieval day events and it did not sound too bad. I can do this!!! I'll be asleep.. I will probably not get a cute anethesiologist. I appreciate it tremendously.

    ReplyDelete