Monday, December 20, 2010

Giving up the fight

My belly button has given up the fight. Today it is completely flat with the rest of my belly and has this really soft flaccid-y feel to it. How strange to see a part of your body you know well but never, ever saw the inside of before. The definitely good part of this event is that I have had a pain around my bellybutton (just above and to the upper left) that felt like a nasty bruise for the last 2 months. The pain is now gone completely. The struggle to be an inny is over.

7 comments:

  1. :)

    I learned that I have a mole inside my belly button... who knew? I'm still and innie, though, but a very stretched out one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is weird that a body part that has looked the same for 40 years now looks so different. Mine is still an innie, but very flat and shallow. Just weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. Mine popped out like a turkey timer at around month four last time. I was a VERY outie outie right now ... it makes a silly looking little tent in any shirt I wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute - though you may not think so :) I feel similar about my bellybutton though now that the surgery is over. Someone who hadn't seen it everyday for 29 years might not even notice anything about it, but it looks different to me now that they cut a whole in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that moment really well! Mine is just getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Glad to hear you're doing well:)

    ReplyDelete