Wednesday, December 1, 2010

where did you find your shirt?

To start with, the health care system was good to me on Monday. By 5:30pm I had seen my primary care physician and had an inhaler for if/when I get an asthma allergy attack again. Turns out that it is pretty common for pregnant women to have worse allergies, and with the reduced lung capacity the situation is exacerbated. All is good on that front now and I feel ok/not panicky when I start to cough, but luckily haven't needed to use the inhaler yet.

Today during my office hours two young women from my class came in to talk and at one point asked me when I am due... they were cute giddy.

At dinner tonight at a restaurant an older woman pulled me aside and said that her daughter in law is 5 months pregnant. She really liked my shirt and wondered where I got it as it would be a great gift.

I must look pregnant enough now that people aren't afraid to hold back.

Oh, and the clown at this thanksgiving party we attended told me that he liked my outfit. Still trying to figure out if that was a joke and if yes, what part of it was supposed to be funny. Hmmm.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on being fully recognizable as pregnant! And I'm glad your inhaler is working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun stage to be in with your pregnancy - hopefully you dont get freaks like me approaching who love to rub a pregnant womens belly!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I did kick counts from 24 weeks (but didn't write it down at first, just made sure it was 10 in less than an hour), but one of the doctors at my clinic said to start at 26 weeks, which is what they consider to be viability here. The other doctors haven't said anything about it, just to sort of be aware of movement patterns. I totally don't NEED to do it- she moves all the time. But I think I just love data.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being out of the closet! Isn't it a relief? I'm sure you look fabulous! And I'm really glad about the inhaler -- your story scared me!
    On kick counting, I'm not supposed to start until after my appt next week (28 wks). But I've kind of started in my head anyway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that they gave you an inhaler, and that you're feeling better! But oh, the comments ... it's amazing how the body of a pregnant woman becomes public property. People feel free to comment on my size, my shape, even my color. So far only one person has reached out a hand to touch my belly. Thank goodness for small favors.

    ReplyDelete