Wednesday, December 15, 2010

28 weeks

The run-down:

OB appointment today. Weight gain = 2 pounds.  No comment from the dr.  All seems good, little M kept kicking the fetal heart monitor.  (can you say "too cute"?)

In shock that I am at the start of my third trimester. Shock, I tell you.

U/s apt tomorrow to see if my potential placenta previa cleared up. Psyched that I will get a peak at little M. This apt felt so far off time-wise when it was scheduled.

Glucose test on Friday morning. I wish Dh could come and keep me entertained, as I have mixed feelings about the lab where I need to go for it (miscarriage memories).

File final grades on Friday afternoon.

Dh comes home next wednesday.

Feeling very emotional today, teary, like I would really like to lay on my bed and just cry for a while.  I know it's just hormones, but it was a little hard to hold it together when I realized that I couldn't understand the calendar (i.e., I thought Jan 31st was New Year's Eve, and that was the third dumb interpretation of the calendar spoken out load while trying to schedule an OB appointment). 

It is so weird to watch myself become more and more stupid.  I did this years ago when I was taking all kinds of serious pain meds for the herniated disc in my neck.  I didn't like it then and it is the only thing about pregnancy that I don't like now.  It is hard to see yourself not be anywhere near as smart as you know you can be.  In fact I'm ridiculously paranoid now when I drive as I know that I can't really trust myself like I used to.  This must be sort of what it is like to lose your mind, go into dementia, etc.  Soooo frustrating. 

I hope that Dh can take over some of the mental responsibilities when he's back, as it is really taxing me to stay on top of everything.

And just to reiterate the obvious, I am ridiculously in love with little M.  I hope she's happy in there.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Mommy brain :) Sorry its driving you nuts, but pretty soon you'll have an actual baby to drive you nuts instead!! This post gave me a big ole grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 3T!!! Super exciting!

    The stupidity is truly awful. I commiserate 100%. It is by far the WORST part of pregnancy. I have to keep asking other people in my dept. with kids for reassurance... and they keep assuring me, 'oh, yeah, I was dumb as a rock!' So that helps. Too bad you don't have more younger women in your department to relate to... although before getting pregnant it would have been really sucky to be around a bunch of fertile women. So.

    I am so happy M is being as happy and cute as she can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the hormones.. you're going to be a mommy soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, hormones. I hate being stupid, too, and overly emotional in front of people I'd rather not emote with at all. The good thing is that this doesn't last ... then again, I *do* write myself a lot of post-it note reminders ...

    ReplyDelete