I came down with a nasty cold Sunday afternoon, miserable on Monday and Tuesday and a little better today but still sick.
I have been scared that little M will get this and be in pain and so sad. It is impossible not to expose her to my germs, especially since Dh is out of town.
But so far there is no evidence that she is sick at all.
Could that really be true? Could she really be protected enough by the immune antibodies in my breast milk that she wouldn't even get a little of the cold?
If yes, all the breastfeeding work has been TOTALLY worth it.
i dunno if it's true, but as long as she doesn't get sick, it is all good. i hope you feel better soon, it is no fun being sick and caring for a little one too.
ReplyDeleteLiquid gold!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you've feeling bad... :-(
Ugh sorry you are sick. But I had the same experience and had a bad cold and ben got none of it. And I just had a fever (from an infection) and he was totally fine. The breastfeeding does appear to work!
ReplyDeleteI think breastfeeding works, too, but it doesn't mean she might not get the sniffles ... they are remarkably resilient little beings, though! I hope you're on the mend soon yourself.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon! Even without M getting it, coming down with something has to be putting a hitch in your getalong.
ReplyDelete