The last few nights I have had M fall asleep in her crib.
The first night I brought her to bed with me after she woke up the first time for a snack (after 4 hours).
The second night she looked so small and alone all swaddled in the middle of the big barren crib that I brought her to bed with me about an hour after she fell fast asleep.
Last night I got up to nurse her but put her back in her crib. She spent the entire night alone in her crib and was totaly ok, and maybe even better than when she sleeps with us. Maybe it was a fluke, but she went back to sleep really remarkably quickly both time she woke up to snack.
My baby apparently no longer needs to be touching me in order to sleep. It breaks my heart as it makes her seem so grown up.
I just know I'll find her packing up all her onesies tomorrow and heading out the door for college...
What a bitter sweet moment, and why must they become so self sufficient so early?!? Well she still needs your teet at least ;) hugs xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteAwww... I know. I am fully aware that keeping P in bed with me is more to meet my own needs than hers. Although she seems to like it too. But eventually she'll be in her own crib, and it's kinda sad to think about.
ReplyDelete