Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I am not pleased with myself today

A couple of weeks ago I bought airline tickets for me and little M to spend July 24-Aug 7 with my family.  I totally splurged and bought two tickets so that M has her own seat.  I have to take the car seat any way, and this way we'd have more room for nursing and playing on the 5.5 hour flight.  It was a big splurge because the tickets were pretty expensive individually.

Turns out that I completely forgot that I had agreed months ago to speak at a big teacher workshop at the same time.  This is a big outreach thing we do through a museum I am affiliated with and I can't really bail on the workshop at this late date. 

I just paid $300 to change our tickets.  It hurts, really hurts...

6 comments:

  1. Consider this the first time that work and family obligations radically conflict?

    FWIW, it is totally worth buying the baby her own seat; it's safer (if you need a seatbelt, shouldn't she?!) and you'll have much-needed extra room. LG and I traveled first when she was 4 mo and it worked great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhhg, that sucks so bad, im sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know... that's alot of money. But consider what we paid for IVFs, $300 is nothing right? Enjoy the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - I know what it's like to make a mistake like that and have to pay for it monetarily. Try not to beat yourself up too much over the $300...after all, that's the cost of a couple of speeding tickets, or parking in front of a driveway and having your car towed...in six months it won't matter and thank goodness you realized when you did or it might have been more expensive to switch.
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh -- that sucks. Sorry. Worrier still that you are getting no love and support on the breastfeeding front -- that is lame and stupid and I agree with the above who suggest just telling people that you want to keep breastfeeding until M goes off to kindergarten. That should shut them up. And I, for one, am super jealous of your production levels. Seriously, if I could nurse comfortably and made that much milk, I would do it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete