When the baby is taking a nap, do you find that you are so unsure as to whether or not it will be a long one or a short one that you end up not being very productive during it?
I am afraid to start something that will take more than 5 minutes, otherwise I will likely have to leave it undone for who knows how long.
So I don't...
take a shower
exercise
really organize my desk
start doing school work
I wish I could be more productive. Maybe when Mads has a more reliable schedule. For now all we do is nurse, play a little, nurse, hold her while she snoozes, try the crib, leave her in her crib for a little while or a long time (hard to know which it will be), rinse and repeat. I love this time-irrelevant baby world, but it does make me feel resentful towards work when I have to get yanked out to do grown-up things.
And I really probably should shower more. I definitely ought to exercise more.
YEAH.... I'm glad you posted this. I'm currently in a situation in which I am back at work (but mainly from home), and so I really feel the crunch to be productive. But P is now teething, so basically she barely sleeps (except for, as you say, those occasional long naps, when I find I've just dicked around online waiting for her to wake up the whole time! Grrr!). In the past 2 days, all I've gotten done is to start some analyses running in R-- analyses for which the scripts were 95% already written!! Well, at least they are now running-- so at least my computer is being productive!
ReplyDeleteI will update my beauty post soon, but in a nutshell: neutrogena clinical is not that great. My mom bought me another cream-- some sort of Acai formula from L'Avenir. I've had good luck with the brand in the past, and this cream seemed to be really nice upon first use. But it doesn't have spf, so I haven't been using it-- I hear you can get spf mixed in, but I haven't looked into it yet. I should say that my husband thought he saw improvement with the neutrogena -- I don't know, I guess I just have to take that 'after' picture! :)
*laugh*
ReplyDeleteI say: shower. The baby will be OK in her crib, even if she does wake up. (I have just re-discovered this incredible truth myself lately.) ;)
Oh what a conundrum to be in...I wouldnt want to start and not finish either, but I like justines advice, she will still be there waiting for you when your done doing whatever your doing. A shower would be nice hunh? :)
ReplyDeletei agree with justine - go shower. if she wakes up, so be it. i am just figuring this out myself too, and with the new nap program from the healthy sleep book, i now shower every day! as for the exercise...well, that's another story!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I'm so with you on this one. I just started implementing a routine for the baby that includes naps and I'm totally holding my breath every time she goes down, wondering if I'll get an hour or twenty minutes to get things done.
ReplyDeleteI put her in the stroller in the morning and take the dog for a walk before it gets too hot and that's what I'm calling my exercise. My groin is still painful and I'm trying to find my abs again so walking is just my speed.
She has fallen asleep the past two times we've gone walking so I put her in the crib as gently as possible when we get home and I dash off to take a shower while she dozes. It's working so far and it does so much good for my mental state!
However, this has only been for two days and this is the first time I've showered two days in a row since I had her! :-)
I should be napping right now, while baby is sleeping, but instead I'm online. I never make good choices when it comes to using my free time wisely.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I am the same way, but at this point I do always jump in the shower -- I put the monitor where I can see it and I figure that if he wakes up, well, so be it --we are letting him cry a bit, and he does actually put himself to sleep after a few minutes. But overall -- yeah. That's why I haven't posted in about 10000 years.
ReplyDelete