Friday, June 24, 2011

Questions for you

Did I jinx Mads' sleeping habits by...
1) posting about how great they are?
2) reading a book about healthy sleep habits for kids and now I have started to worry about it?
3) not cause any effect but just became more aware of how not-routine they really are?

What should Dh do special for me since I...
1) made a big deal out of father's day and we all had fun despite how crappy he let mother's day be for me?
2) took Maddy to see his mom (without him) yesterday on my mommy-maddy day?
3) wasted an hour and a half today of my nanny-time going to coffee with a colleague of his with him?  He told me that the colleague invited me too but once I got there it became clear that I wasn't invited and Dh just wanted me along because he hates to make small talk.

Is there something wrong with me because I think this new hobby of Maddy's is hilarious, and that I made a video of it and posted it on my website?
For those of you who also have a Sophie the Giraffe, have you ever noticed that she makes baby's breath smell like a condom?  It totally cracks me up but feels so so wrong...

4 comments:

  1. Things you already know:

    1. She is just absolutely beautiful.
    2. Sleep habits (or their lack) evolve, despite our best efforts to pin them down in books.
    3. Dh should read your mind and do exasctly what you'd secretly want him to but would be reluctant to ask him directly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! :)

    1. The eff with sleep habits. Worrying about them is more trouble than just taking them in stride, I find! And those books, God, I could host a book burning party, I swear.
    2. He should buy you a very large diamond in an exquisite setting.
    3. She is one of the world's most perfect babies and the squeaky noise is ridiculous. I am glad I don't have a Sophie-- condom breath sounds like a bit too much. Don't you find it weird that almost everyone has a Sophie? Like, how is there no variation in the shape of teething toys?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My answers:
    1. yes, it is a known jinx
    2. of course.
    3. yeah, probably this.

    don't stress too much about the sleep habits. when she is ready for it - which for the Critter was about 5 months, it worked like a dream. before that, eh, not so much.

    and DH should cook you a nice dinner, do the laundry, buy you flowers and send you off to get a manicure on your own while he watches Mads. That's what I'd want!

    Love the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diamonds, diamonds and diamonds. I don't know about you but I can forgive just about anything with a good piece of jewelry. But if you're not a diamonds girl then he should give you time to yourself by watching the baby.

    Of course, I'm taking a page from my own book because those are the two things I'd like more than anything right now.

    Huge props for hanging out with HIS mother and HIS colleague! That most definitely deserves a large expensive gift!

    And I'm not saying one word about the sleep thing because I'm terrified of jinxing myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete