Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Full circle x 2

My period started this morning.  It breaks my heart to reach the end of this pregnancy/birth experience.  I wanted it for so long and cherished every second of it.  I wish I could somehow hold onto this phase of my life for a little longer, but alas, the inevitability of time has turned this into a memory now too. 

Maddy's color-code at the RE's office way back when was light blue or brown.  Her color-code at daycare is light blue. Funny coincidence.

6 comments:

  1. It's funny, with my first I got the period after 2 months. It made me really pissed for some reason -- I thought I'd get more of a break. With my second, not till 11 months of so (as the books say -- once I dropped to less than 5 nursing sessions per day). We'll see with the third. I am sure my age figures in there somehow.

    Maybe I shouldn't ask this, but are you even in the back of your mind thinking that perhaps you would not object to another baby? I mean, if it were to just happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's a strange feeling after everything you've been through, the downs and the ups, for AF to make her way back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That was fast. After G, It was 13 months. Not sure what it will be this time, but I hope a while. Yeah for light blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear GMP -- given how hard it was to get pregnant with this one I think it'd be pushing my luck to have any glimmer of hope that another baby would just happen! You never know though, and I would definitely not object...

    Dear N -- yea, it does seem fast. I had kind of hoped that I'd have a few more months of lactational infecundibility...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if you're still lactating it isn't ALL over. And if you check out the graph in my shrinking brain post, you've probably got another couple of months before full brain power returns (scary, since I am almost at 6 months now, and my brain is still kinda slow. I was getting along really great with the chronically stoned kid who works at the fish market the other day... sort of sadly, we were on the same wavelength! who needs weed, when you have sleep deprivation and hormone-haze?)... anyways, I bet your body isn't entirely back to NORMAL. That said, sucks that your period has to be one of the first things to return!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. inBetween, is there an email where I can contact you? I am at geekmommyprof@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete