Wednesday, August 17, 2011

coked up baby

When Mads and I got home this afternoon she was tired and went for a nap. I was tired and hungry and went for a snack. Yummy humus, oh, and there was a lone can of coca.cola hiding in the back corner of the fridge left over from a party we had in May. It looked so good and sounded like a perfect match with the humus, and I knew the sugar/caffeine boost would be a nice mood boost.

This evening my child was getting nicely tired, had a good bath, all was looking set for another easy bed time. Until she nursed. And then she couldn't relax enough to go to sleep. About an hour into the won't-go-to-sleep thing it dawns on me...

This is why I don't like to keep soda in the house. I can't be trusted to think it through.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds yucky! I wonder how much caffeine gets into breast. Oh here you go. This site rocks. Type in the drug into LactMed and find out what gets into milk.....

    milk.http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/f?./temp/~a846wc:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. I had a coked baby last night, too, as I was trying to "medicate" a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! try a bottle of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at the title of this post! Poor girl, she was probably like "what the hell is going on?? I'm so wired!! weeeeeee!" Warm milk tonight for both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, it must have been awful trying to get her to sleep but your post did make me giggle!

    ReplyDelete