Love taking M out shopping as lots of people comment on what a cute baby she is.
Feel bad that I do this when I am getting frustrated with her and need a "re-set"...Thank heavens for Target.
Love making new, homemade foods for M to try.
Feel bad that it hurts my feelings when she gags at the new flavor/texture...
Love holding M asleep in my arms.
Feel bad that I get so frustrated when she immediately starts to cry when I set her in her crib...
Love seeing M in real shoes and jeans and enjoying her new-found ability to stand.
Feel sad that baby M is gone...
Love getting things in the mail that I ordered.
Feel bad about all the boxes...
Love driving.
Feel bad that I now do this when I need some quiet time and it means M is safely strapped into her car seat...
Love dancing with M to cute nursery rhymes.
Feel bad that I only just discovered this...
Love that M has learned to do "bunny kisses" with me (touching foreheads, rubbing noses).
Feel bad because I have always called them "eskimo kisses", and I am guessing that is too racist to use now.
Love to paint my toes.
Feel sad that it takes so much time that I have not done it in ages, and have yucky chipped nails as a consequnce.
Love that it is getting colder so that no one can see my toes.
Feel bad because I really need to replace my socks and undies. All are very old and falling apart, but I just can't bring myself to spend the money.
Love the super cute santa dress I got M to wear on Christmas.
Feel bad that I didn't get a bib for thanksgiving, were they ever even out there? did I just miss them?
Love the idea of M's first christmas.
Feel bad that I am kind of sad that we won't be home but rather visiting relatives.
Love that I will set up a tree at home anyway.
Feel bad that Every year I mean to buy a live tree, but this year I just gave up and invested in a fake tree. (on sale at Target)
and the list goes on...
I love this list. And share many of these feelings. Especially putting her in the crib, making her food, needing new underwear ...
ReplyDeleteM. loves you, flaws and all. And so do we, in a different way, of course. :)
I can relate. Life can be a series of conflicting feelings. In "non-violent communication" that I've studied, they talk about feelings and needs and exploring which needs are met by what and then trying to come up with a strategy that meets as many needs as possible. Sometimes just acknowledging the needs seems to help. (need for quiet, need for connection, need for time alone, need for material goods, need to care for the environment, etc.) I like hearing specifics of your time with M-both celebrations and challenges-and have so much respect and admiration for you!
ReplyDeletehttp://authenticchoices.blogspot.com/
Target--- I just got a $50 down jacket there. Gotta love. AND some new bras. Which I now realize are very matronly looking. Since when did I start gravitating towards the molded, beige, full-coverage model??? Poor Eric! Ha ha ha.
ReplyDelete