First off, where does time go? I kept thinking that I needed to post and catch up on my blog reading, but it wasn't until I got those sweet "what the heck happened to you?" cooments that it dawned on me just how long it has been... thank you all for checking in on me!
Life is good but busy, and busy good not busy bad. M and I have been on several adventures. We flew to DC and then Nashville to visit family. Which begs my first "why" question.
Why do some airlines not have changing tables in their bathrooms? We were on 2 United Airlines flights and it totally sucked, not to mention seems pretty dangerous. And M wasn't the only baby on either flight.
Why # 2... why did the grad student who I have kicked out if my lab as of December ask me for a letter of recommendation for a fellowship application? Just goes to show how stupid he is...
Why # 3... why did the kind lady in the YMCA dressing room who offered to hold M while I changed out of my wet bathing suit (we went to our first swim class!) not finish putting on her shirt before taking her from me? M was all kinds of confused about why she couldn't try the new milk source... weird I tell you. But I was really grateful for the help. The logistics of swim class almost overwhelm the fun of swim class. BTW, do you really think that baby swim diapers actually do any good or is it just a charade? seems sketchy to me.
Why # 4... when nursing in public, and only in public, why does M like to hold onto my shirt and straighten out her arm, therby raising my shirt the full length of her arm and exposing all of my bosom? The only time I didn't mind was when the guy sitting beside me on one of those plane trips was kind of a jerk and I could tell the nursing made him really really uncomfortable. So we nursed a lot on that flight... :)
Why # 5... Dh is out of town for 3 months. I hate to say this out loud, as I do really miss him, but why does it seem like things are in many ways easier without him around?
Love, inB
Glad to see the update!
ReplyDeleteCan't answer most of the why questions, but, yes use a swim diaper. Their purpose is to contain feces, not urine. :)
Good to hear from you!
ReplyDeleteHello again! Looks like your posting schedule is like mine :-)
ReplyDeleteHere's my not terribly insightful responses to your questions:
- Because the airline bathrooms are NOT clean, and so it is to protect you. We had 3 seats and changed B on the middle seat with a pad underneath. (Although we have had no poop on planes, yet, so I guess for poop you have to go to the bathroom. I'm flying Friday, so will let you know!)
- It's because he is an idiot. I assume you said no and told him that kicking him out of your lab was indicative of your feelings toward him?
- Ummm, weird. Nice to offer, but... Eeek. ANd like Gwinne said, the swim diapers are for poop containment only.
- I'm just jealous that M still is breastfeeding. Nothing else there.
- Yes. I agree. I like the extra set of hands, but only when they do exactly what I ask them to do. And otherwise it just is not worth the bother.
Glad to hear all is going well, though. Post more pictures!
glad to read that you're doing well!
ReplyDeleteyour student sounds like a total idiot. is there any way you can take M to the field with you? maybe bring an undergrad volunteer to watch her during the day?
ps. sorry i don't have more time to comment right now-- i feel like there is more catching up to do!
ReplyDelete#1[ Yeah why don't they have a changing table. I guess they want poo all over.
ReplyDelete#3 That is odd/weird, I bet she thought it was weird later. ha ha Yep Poop containment. Also keep up the swimming. My 4 year old started when she was 8 months with a mommy and me class, now she can swim about 20 meters, more if she had to,by herself. She also knows a few strokes. Very rudimentary, but she would survive if she fell in.
#5 husbands require energy, so I bet you feel like you have more energy, since you are only giving it to baby and work. :)
Sooooo glad to hear from you, and glad you still want to follow my blog! :) Have missed you lots, and I have to second the WHY about your grad student - I had a staff member who I gave a poor performance review to ask me for a rec letter, too....um, hellloooooo????
ReplyDeleteLove,
Maddy
Good to hear from you!
ReplyDeleteSwim diapers, yes. For preventing the poop from going everywhere. But honestly? If your kid has pooped, I suspect it's in the water. I don't get it, myself.
Just wait until M gets into the "distracted nursing" phase. THAT's a fun one. I've been all kinds of undressed. ;)