1) I have always loved the feeling you get after a dinner party at your house. You know the one where everyone had a nice time, all the food turned out ok, the dishes are all cleaned and put away and there is no evidence of a party except for the wonderful memories that you linger over as you sit on the couch and catch your breath?
My mornings now feel like that, every day. By the time I drop M off at "school" I have been up for at least 3 hours and have accomplished so much but there is very little evidence of it other than that we are all dressed, fed, and where we need to be for the day. It's the exact same feeling, and it's a nice high.
I have gotten in the habit of stopping by starb.ucks on the way to school as a transition and a sort of "congrats" gift to myself every morning. Since I registered my gift card I get the soy part of my grande chai for free, so this feels like it's not so much of a splurge. Whoever came up with that idea was brilliant, as the psychology of it totally works on me.
2) One of the best perks of being a cop must be getting to park illegally in front of starb.ucks while you run in to get your coffee fix.
No comments:
Post a Comment