I have the honor of having been nominated TWICE for a Versatile Blogger award -- how cool is that?! Many many thanks to Paige and Missing1! The instructions are to link back to the awesome person who nominated me, so if you don't know Paige and her inspiring story, then CHECK OUT HER BLOG.
And if you don't know Missing1 you gotta check out her heart-wrenching story HERE and give her lots of encouragement to jump with both feet into the blogging community -- let her know that we have lots of love here!
The rules of the game: First, share 7 things about me. Here goes.
1) I love chips and salsa. And I mean LOVE chips and salso in all caps. It's like a drug to me; I crave it. This has been my condition since I was in elementary school.
2) I still sleep with the teddy bear I got when I was 15 years old. Yes, it looks very very loved; it is very hard work being my bear and one of his feet is about to fall off. You know the velveteen rabbit story? I'm kind of that testing that hypothesis. I'll let you know if the bear ever comes to life
3) I wear pink reading glasses despite my aversion to seeming "too girlie" at work. I won't ever bring in baked goods for people in my lab for fear of the maternal label.
4) I often times still have a crush on my husband even after 6 years of marriage. There's just something about him that just totally spell-binds me at times, even though I know him warts and all.
5) So this isn't about me, but I think it's cool. My cat likes to sleep under the covers with his head on the pillow. He started doing this after I first moved in with my husband and he left on a business trip. That first night the cat essentially stepped in and took his place in bed. Too freaking cute.
6) I used to have a huge crush on Sting and secretly bought his biography when I was about 14 years old. Funny thing was that my parents gave me a copy of it for my birthday because they didn't know I'd already bought it, and I wasn't about to 'fess up.
7) I still haven't told a soul at work about the baby. I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday. I have no idea if it will ever feel right to tell them, but at some point I guess I'll have to.
And the second part of the instructions is to forward this award to seven other bloggers. Seems like this award has made the rounds in the little community I follow, so I apologize if I mess this up, but two people I don't think I've yet gotten to read 7 tidbits from are:
Illanare at My Worlds Fly Up My Thoughts Remain Below
Justine at A Half Baked Life
Love and hugs to all of you! - InB
Thanks for the shout out. Good to know more about you. uhhh and who DOESN't have a secret crush on Sting?
ReplyDeleteWow - thank you!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the story about your cat, that is incredibly cute!
Nice to read these tidbits about you.
ReplyDeleteI also just read your last post, and I too am over the top emotional. At least we know what is causing it. Every time these days that I cry in front of Eric, I keep saying "I'm emotional because I'm pregnant!" over and over. I think this helps keep him from getting too wrapped up in my strange bouts of maudlin insecurity, but I am sure it is no picnic for him either! He definitely is looking forward to having the old me back at this point. As am I, as utterly thrilled as I am to be pregnant.
This is a great list, InB...I love chips and salsa and Sting, too! :) And I think it's so awesome that you have a crush on your husband and that your cat sleeps like a human being!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that your spirits are up - and 20 weeks! WOW! Congrats! So happy for you!
Love,
Maddy
Love the pink glasses.
ReplyDeleteWhat!! How are you keeping your pregnancy a secret? Are you showing?
I keep meaning to write you a comment, but have been so crazy at work that it hasn't happened.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you had what is referred to in my house as a "body image meltdown." I completely get how the body changes are surprising and sort of unpleasant and bizarre and yet totally part of a healthy pregnancy -- I'm havig a load of issues with that, too.
But I want you to enjoy where you are and to embrace being pregnant. My (completely unsolicited) advice: come out of the closet. Yeah, it's scary as all hell because if the unthinkable happens then people will know and that is very personal and very scary, but I fear that you are making yourself unhappy by trying to pretend that everything is the same when in fact it's very different. And I want people to be happy for you and for you to enjoy that. So buy some tops that are more clingy around the midsection, rock the elastic waist pants and let people know that you are halfway there.