Wednesday, October 13, 2010

what I'm feeling today

trying not to freak out

baby books all say you feel movement between 16 and 20 weeks.

me?  at 19 weeks I got nothing. 

I am concerned about doing the fetal heart monitor too much, plus there is the concern that I might not find anything.  I also just realized that sometimes it's my own heartbeat I'm hearing...  oof.

and so I broke down and googled "miscarriage at 19 weeks" and there are lots of them out there.

And then I found this:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/04/050416100616.htm

Not that it helps much, but at least it is acknowledged.

I love the idea of a little garden of lost babies.  The Japanese definitely have the right idea there.

10 comments:

  1. What a great article. Now I nearly wish that more people in my life knew what I went through, so I could share that with them. It is hard having everyone around me thinking that a baby is the given outcome of this pregnancy, and me always still wondering and worrying. It makes all my relatives' well-meaning advice about babies particularly hard to bear.

    I must say that I do feel more reassured now that I feel the baby move, but I don't feel her all the time. And I get worried when a few hours go by without feeling her.

    I also didn't feel anything until ~20 weeks. It was apparently because I have an anterior placenta. Perhaps the same is the case with you. They should be able to tell you at your anatomy scan.

    -Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally freaked out too about not feeling movement - I'm plus sized, so I didn't feel movement until after 21 weeks. I can really relate to needing that reassurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. Being plus sized delays the feeling of movement? Damn, I hate being plus sized.

    Must be so frustrating and worrying to have to wait for something like that. I hope the little one kicks the heck out of you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister and a couple of friends each didn't feel their baby until 21-22 weeks.
    I'm sure only seeing/hearing your baby at your next appointment will truly put your mind at ease, but hopefully these posts will help get you through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the way your uterus is tilted makes a difference too. I've known women who felt movement at 14 weeks with one and 22 with the second. Deep breaths and whatever gets you through the waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I happened upon your blog, 1st of all congrats on the little one. When I was pregger I had an anterior placenta so I did not feel him move until I was almost 24 weeks! (I used my heart monitor once a day)

    www.snhgeiger09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crossing my fingers that you feel some movement soon to put your mind at ease!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  8. While lots of people don't feel movement until later in pregnancy (stupid baby books ... sometimes they engender more panic than relief), it could also be that you're running around so much you don't feel it ... and it's hard to distinguish fetal movement at first from all of the other random things that are happening down there. Hang in there.

    And hooray for that article ... honestly, I *still* am having trouble believing a lot of the time, and I had my 24 week appointment today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There could be lots of reasons you don't feel anything. Where the placenta is attached, amount of movement, or just to early. I'm sure she is fine, hang in there.

    I didn't feel a lot with my first and she was fine, even when she was big she didn't move a lot, which freaked me out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like your commenters have great feedback for you....your not alone. I can't wait for you to start feeling the kicks though, I know that will ease a pregnant mommies troubled mind. xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete