Friday, October 22, 2010

mismatched brain today

I have had one of those weeks that make me wonder how I will ever manage to juggle a child AND a career as a professor.  Seriously, 12 hours days every single day dealing with urgent crap and a baby are just not compatible...  oh well.  It will all work out somehow. 

As long as I managed to make it through the next month, that is.  I have a ridiculous number of very big deadlines and SOOOOO much to do before each of them.  Oof.

And all I can seem to make myself want to do today is search around on the internet for nursery decoration themes.  I'm thinking "jungle" would be super cute... I love monkeys.

Must get head back on work things...

6 comments:

  1. It WILL all come together, what seems impossible now, will become very possible. Our priorities will shift and the once thought undoable happens! The jungle nursery theme sounds uber cute! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky that you HAVE deadlines. I do not. I sit in my office by myself and no one has or will ever have any idea whether I am working on things or not. Mostly, I am not. At least if I had a deadline, I might be able to make myself do something!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like the jungle theme! Not too cutesy, not too girlie! I'm going gender neutral and I'm going to do my best to make sure the nursery doesn't look completely and totally different from the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the jungle theme. We did a safari with our first (didn't know gender) and it was really cute.
    Juggling work and kid is hard but I'm sure you will manage. I work in a full time professional position and some days it totally sucks but when my girl is in 1st grade, I'll be happy I stayed in my field and have something to do. (I think)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God, I'm so there with you. How will I cope on these busy weeks full of late nights when I'm a mother. How will my child cope? But I have to work. We'll deal somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since my little one came, I have no motivation to work late. I'm always watching the clock for time to go spring her from daycare. I know for the next few years she will be my focus and then I'll get back to work stuff.

    Except unfortunately my tenure review comes up in 3 years, so I can't just not do everything.

    I like the jungle theme. That's what we did for the 1st birthday - everything with a safari theme. If you like animals, you can do lots with it.

    ReplyDelete