Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bunnies bunnies everywhere

As some of you may remember I developed quite a passion for the rabbits of Watership Down about a year ago.  Since then rabbits have been a recurring theme for me. For example:

I was inspired to make my blog theme a rabbit despite all my years as a passionate cat and monkey fan, and general intent to not be too cutesie (which I have likely failed by going with the bunny theme).

I gave birth to a rabbit on the Chinese calendar.

About 90% of the gifts that my year-of-the-rabbit child has received have rabbits on them despite her mother's love of monkeys.

I keep seeing bunnies in the wild... including a little rabbit that now lives next to my mother-in-law's mobile home in the desert that was out and about almost every time we went for a walk.

It sure seems like M's talisman is the rabbit. Or maybe it's just because it's almost easter...

3 comments:

  1. Rabbits are such lovely fertility symbol...I just had this wonderful vision of you reading Watership Down to M one day. Happy Easter, InB!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watership Down is great. I also love having a year-of-the-rabbit baby-- I sometimes call her my little bunny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Mad Hatter, I love the symbolism here. Happy Easter ... and eat the ears first. :)

    ReplyDelete