M and I are home alone for a few hours while Dh and MIL go to the bank to take care of some of the business of death. It is probably the longest I have been alone with M since she was born and it is really nice. I think we needed some mommy-baby time.
M was laying on the floor on a blanket with a toy on either side for her to check out. At one point I heard all sorts of grunting and heavy breathng. M had managed to get on her side and was reaching out her hand far enough to touch her bunny rabbit. I was so impressed and proud that I started crying! She's too young to have this kind of control and it was likely a fluke that it worked out for her, but still...
I am such a goof ball. I had no idea I would cry over things like that! Hormones are crazy things.
I love this story! So sweet. x
ReplyDeleteThat's not hormones, that's love.
ReplyDelete:)
Awww.. sweet.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got some alone time, precious moments, so sweet.
ReplyDeleteNo, I don't think that sounds like a fluke! I bet she is just a super alert and inquisitive baby. I'm so glad you are getting alone time with her. It's so precious!
ReplyDeleteAwe, love this story! I'm so sorry to hear of your FIL's passing. Thinking of you & your family during this difficult time ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteIt *is* amazing. :) I'm glad that you got some much-needed Mommy time with her. Thinking about you ... I can only imagine what you're going through right now.
ReplyDeleteOh, so exciting! I would cry, too! What a marvel! Yay for some alone time!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Maddy