Tuesday, April 17, 2012

13 months and then some

Mads' 13 month birthday past and it was the first month birthday that went by without my noticing. The 14th of April was just any old day and didn't catch my attention. I am a little sad about that.

I am a little bit of a wreck these days. I feel really stressed out, and I look terrible. All my nervous habits are back, which made me realize how nice it was when they were gone. Which makes me remark to myself how odd it is that having a mewborn baby was so much less stressful than my job... seriously. I have never felt so relaxed in all my adult life as I did the first 5 months of M's life. If I hadn't been a bit baby-fattish, partly bald from losing hair around my temples post-baby, and really sleep-deprived, I would have looked pretty good. By 9 months post delivery I had lost all the pregnancy and TTC weight, but now I look so stressed out and out of shape... and my face is broken out like a teenagers'! oof.

It's also kind of weird how my tastebuds have changed. I am not so keen on spicy foods anymore, and I was completely addicted before. And wine? I went from being in love with all reds to now really only liking white, with a strong preference for the very specific chardonnay from the bourgundy area of france. Go figure.

And my allergies? mostly gone since M was born. Such a crazy thing how much pregnancy changes your body. For those ofyou who have done it more than once, do you change this much every time? or is the first time around the doozy?

4 comments:

  1. You know, I've been off allergy meds since maybe my second trimester with Tiny Boy. Weird...

    I think some of the stress-free-ness of early babyhood is purely hormonal, and that goes away post-breastfeeding., at least in my experience with LG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the stress and the blahs you are feeling...sounds like you need some TLC...the wine is a good start, but is there any way you can take a day to yourself? Say, at the spa?
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely continue to not look so hot-- ever since IF hit, I've been pretty aged looking. Having a baby didn't help (especially as my belly used to be one of my best body parts-- now I have a persistent mommy-tire!).

    Sorry work is so stressful!! As Maddy says, I hope the wine is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After my 1st, I developed a taste for really spicy food (if I'm not crying, it's not spicy enough) and after my second, all I could think about was seafood (mmmmm, scallops) -- and I didn't care for spicy or seafood before at all. After my 3rd, my smell has changed -- pork has started to really stink to me and I want to kill anyone who eats Doritos in a half a mile radius around me! Plus I ate lots of chocolate and beef jerky with the third one, usually together...

    My nasal allergies did get really bad near the end of my pregnancy, though.

    Pregnancies are weird. Every time.

    ReplyDelete