Saturday, April 28, 2012

Adventure in public transportation, part 2

So I decided to take the train into the city for the dinner rather than driving. Given my not-so-great luck I just wasn't in the mood to deal with the traffic and parking. Turns out that I had forgotten my ticket at home & had to buy a new one. The machine went funky on me so I ended up missing the train (but did manage to refrain from smacking the girl behind me who kept aggressively and obnoxiously asking if I needed help). So I caught the next train; no big deal, I'd just be a little late to the dinner. I manage to get a seat, which is pretty cool. But then the train breaks down... The guy beside me strikes up a conversation and we get nice and flirty. He was about my age and very cute. He'd been having the public transportation adventure day too. I found myself hiding my left hand and purposely not saying anything about my husband or family... It was delicious fun. His name is Carl. And he totally made my day, whoever he is.

And by the way, the dinner was actually pretty fun. I did miss the cocktail portion of the dinner though.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you never know what will happen in public transportation! Good stories. Glad you had fun with Carl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure!! As to what drives P insane when I shut a door on her, no clue! She knows where I am and what I'm doing in there. Dunno why she wants in on it so bad, especially since she often whines to be let out as soon as I'm seated.

    ReplyDelete