Friday, April 20, 2012

Is it just me or...

Maybe it's just in my family, but I find it fascinating that when we go out to eat that Dh typically orders something that the baby would not be able to eat too, and even if he does he will eat it all himself and not offer her any. And he let's me feed her all off my plate and all by myself, so that he's long done and jut sitting there while my food gets really cold and me and the baby are not even halfway through. He doesn't even then take over, but leans back in his chair... I don't mean to complain cause so much is going really well between is. But geez, that clueless thing really is amazing.

And why does it seem to be really really complicated to remember what all goes into a diaper bag? Or to feel responsible to stock it? Weird, just weird I you ask me.

I got a massage yesterday during nap time and it was wonderful...

I am so relieved to hear that I am not the only one who thinks a margarita improves dinner with small child!

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, this is SO my life, and I'd say that my husband is a better than average father, in sum. Before having children, I recall getting put out by men who referred to taking care of their kids as "babysitting." In fact, I even recall having several conversations with my husband in which we probed the assumptions/gender politics underlying the terminology, etc. Fast forward eight years later? We don't use the term when he is in charge, but that's about the only way in which we've avoided the precise dynamic implied. It would be sheer bliss to be able to walk out of the house and have HIM figure out and prepare appropriate food for the kids. Or when we go on a trip, for HIM to do any packing beyond his own needs, while I am packing for 3 (me plus two kids). In his defense, as a SAHM, I am more aware of what the kids have already eaten that day and what major food groups still need to be covered--and the packing thing becomes a perhaps needful perpetuation of habit, since I have the experience and can do it correctly in about a quarter of the time it would take him. Still, it sucks. Division of labor may make sense, but I can't get over the division of AWARENESS.

    ReplyDelete