We ordered room service for dinner last night b/c tiny tot was too tired fora restaurant meal. Food came. Dh ordered a cold salad entree. I ordered a hot entree. Baby had warm salmon & spinach baby dinner (I'm telling you, this swanky place rocked!). Dh sits down in the only chair at the table and eats his salad, noting how delish it is. I juggle M on my lap in the footstool and feed her dinner while mine gets colder and colder... Oblivious...
This afternoon we stop by Dh's mom's place to pick her up for the 10 hour drive back to our home & her senior living community nearby. There's a pool at the mobile home park so we decide to go for a quick swim to let Maddy stretch her legs before getting back in the car seat for a long time. Swimming was fun. We are then back at MIL's place and I'm changing Tiny Tot out of her swim suit when she sneaky pees on the bed... You know, when they pee in the few moments between diapers... We are so needing to get on the road. So, what did I do? Of course I sopped up what I could and then didn't say anything. And we left. Me can be so bad.
Sent from my iPhone
Ha! That's funny about the pee. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm bemused by your husband's behavior. What does he say when you call him on it? I wonder if all men have this clueless gene?
Oh, I HATE that dinner thing. I am always the one feeding the baby. Heck, feeding the whole family. And you know what? There are some times I don't even get to eat my own meal at all. I think WTF? But then ... I could open my mouth and SAY something, and S. would probably step up ... still, it would be so nice if he just DID.
ReplyDelete:P
I don't think you're bad at all about the pee. ;)
Too funny-- it's my worst fear that P will sneaky-pee on someone else's bed!!
ReplyDeleteYou are not bad... you are a mom dealing with grying to get your kid home and to sleep. Just focus on that.
ReplyDeleteOn the food? I would call that sh*t out. But I should shut up - my DH has basically said that, until B is older, feeding him is my job. I usually don't mind, and it's helping me lose weight, but still, I know of what you speak.
Chivalry is f*cking dead. In my house, too. These men had just better hope that a younger, more charming GENTLEMAN doesn't sweep us off our feet while we walk ten paces behind them. That's all I have to say about that.
ReplyDeleteCute about the sneaky pee. It's just water, anyway. (our dog sneaky peed on the corner of a bedspread at a dog resort and I didn't say anything, either...it was a DOG resort after all and I am sure he wouldn't have done it unless some other dog(s) had marked it first!)
Love,
Maddy
Sorry your warm meal got cold - next time hand the baby over to him!
ReplyDeleteI love the sneaky pee- too funny! I could totally see that in a movie!