Saturday, April 7, 2012

The end of an era

I have been taking prenatal vitamins for years... Trying to get pregnant, finally pregnant, and then nursing.  I always felt so silly, like a fool, buying them when I was TTC.  That sting never really went away, even when I was visibly pregnant buying prenatal vitamins.  


It felt so, well, so *something* today to buy regular vitamins. 


4 comments:

  1. Hmmm....a good 'something' or a bad 'something'? Or just plain old relief?

    Yeah, I feel pretty stupid taking prenatals after TEN years...I wonder when I'll stop.

    By the way, I was so sorry to learn of your miscarriage...it happened the weekend my Mom passed away and then my dog was diagnosed with elbow dysplasia and...well, life has been a bit of downward spiral...I'm glad you've been posting a little again. It's good to know you're there.

    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean ... I bought mine not too long ago after a year of nursing, and I felt like it was so strange to have my own body back again. Nourishment just for *me*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can see how that would feel! I think I'll just go back to NO vitamins once I'm done nursing... but that might feel weird too. Maybe I'm hooked!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I was just thinking I needed to fill my Rx for my prenatal vitamins) and am scared of jinxing this cycle... Totally understand what it means to be off the vitamins... it's the end of an era, I guess.

    ReplyDelete