My doctor called last night around 7pm to see if we could come in early so that she could do the transfer herself (there are a bunch of dr's in the practice so they rotate). Of course we jumped at this, 'cause as I've said, we think she's the best.
We showed up quite a bit early because there was, of course, a major accident on the road there, so we left WAY early. I really stressed over the semi-full-bladder thing, but it worked out that I peed about an hour before and then drank a really big glass of water.
Dh had been really hesitant to go into the procedure room but the nurses and doctor were so definite that he should be there that he really ended up with no choice. But I think he's glad he did. They kept encouraging him to move closer and he ended up resting his hand on my head for the whole thing, which I really appreciated. He also asked a bunch of questions, things I wouldn't have thought of at the time (because that Valium makes me happy but really stupid).
The two fertilized embryos did well over night and had multiplied a time or two more than expected, which is good. They still only got categorized as "two", but they look really good to me and dh (parenting bias already kicking in?) But really, they are nicely symmetrical with only a little frag or two, not Like the "two's" in the instruction/info book they gave us.
Both got placed way high up in the newly designed part of my uterus, so I hope they like the new accommodations.
I tried to walk very smoothly on the way out, we drove home, and for some reason I decided that I really really wanted to make pancakes. It was about 10:30am. They were yummy and dh actually staid home to eat with me even though he's not a big pancake fan. We then sat on the couch and I expected him to immediately go to work but he laid down for a nap.
I could keep my eyes open so decided to go to bed where I could snuggle with my body pillow. We slept for four hours. Crazy. I am guessing the combination of the Valium and post-stress really did us in, but it was great. And we obviously need it.
So we woke up, drank grape juice, dh went to work for a couple of hours, and I'll make tacos for dinner.
Do you think the little embies will be enticed to stick around after their first two meals are pancakes, grape juice and tacos? I really really hope so. I'm foolishly even thinking twins would be cool...
I think your embies would LOVE to have pancakes and tacos! (Especially since I was eating pancakes about 10:30 this am, too!)
ReplyDeleteThinking wonderful zen thoughts for you and the embies, so that you'll all be nice and snuggly.
Well, I had an embryo that really liked french toast, so pancakes sound just fine to me :)
ReplyDeleteSo that's a day 2 transfer? I've got fingers crossed. Looks like you'll be having a beta around the time I will (knock wood) have my next IUI...
Sending lots of sticking-in vibes your way to add to the good work done by pancakes...
ReplyDeleteNew accomodations and "gourmet" food? Who wouldn't want to stick around? I'm sure they will. Best of luck.
ReplyDelete