Over the last few days I have come to a sense that I'm done with trying to have a baby. I can't tell if I really feel this though or if I, somewhere in my subconscious, think that if I decide to stop trying that this cycle will work and I'll be pregnant by "surprise".
(yea, right. no ivf baby could ever be claimed as a surprise pregnancy without some tragic accident and amnesia coming into play, and even then, how would you know to take the estrace twice a day and progesterone shot each night?)
So it's tough to know how to deal with this feeling. Do I act on it? Do I go ahead and make some summer plans to visit family carefree of timing with my cycle? Do I actually make some commitments that no sane person would make if they were planning on having a baby, you know, all the things I've put off for the last 3 years?
Am I somehow thinking that once I give up I'll get pregnant "naturally"? I'm afraid that might be what I'm doing. And if yes, will I be really angry with myself in a year?
How do you know for sure that your psyche isn't psyching you out?
The BFN reward list so far:
1) romantic dinner with dh on Friday, the day we get the test results (I already made the reservation) so that I can wear the new dress I found at Anthropolgie on sale (ok, good shopping story -- I fell in love with this little hoodie a little while back. The other day when my butt hurt so bad I broken down & decided to buy it for myself as a "cheer me up present" even though the last thing I should be doing is shopping. But I go, and it turns out it had gone on sale! so I got the little hoodie and the dress (can't find a picture of it on-line) all for the original price of the hoodie! yippee! Someone must have just returned it after a long time it b/c it was so marked down, the only one in the store, and exactly my size -- I wear a very hard-to-find-on-sale size)
2) pedicure on Saturday the 3rd

This is a very hard thing. I try (although some times I fail at this) to make all the plans I want, knowing that the worst thing is that I need to cancel. Of course, this rules expensive travle and stuff like that and makes me very unreliable in that I am foced to cancel on other people, but it is better than sitting in apt and staring at the four walls. Glad you found some things to cheer yourself up.
ReplyDeleteMaybe time for a break? Follow your heart.
ReplyDelete