Today is day 3 of stims, and lots of them. My belly is a pin cushion, but luckily not covered in bruises (yet).
While the goal of stress reduction was a little out of my control, and work has definitely failed to cooperate on that front, I have made a little bit of progress with the things that are within my control.
For example, on Sunday I put on my bikini and in the privacy of my own fenced-in back yard (where I didn't have to feel self-conscious about the belly pin holes and other lesser-desirable parts of my anatomy), I perused catalogs beside the "pool" (which is really just a birdbath, but since when does a bird pool not still count as a pool?). I got a smidge of sun and felt wonderful. And who doesn't like to oogle shiny pretty objects in catalogs? So relaxing...
And I roasted an organic free-range chicken for dinner. Yum yum.
Monday, I cooked a healthy dinner and played the piano for about an hour (which I find very relaxing, although I play terribly).
Today, Tuesday, I walked to and from school, which is a about 1.5 hours of walking, and about half of it straight up hill. While dinner won't be so healthy, I do plan on eating a klondike bar. The rationale? I read an article that said that women who regularly eat ice cream have slightly higher fertility rates. That is all it takes to convince me. So, a klondike bar every other day is the current plan...
What would you do for a Klondike bar??? ;-)
ReplyDeleteYour stim-day pursuits sound lovely - keep them up and keep up the positive attitude!
Love,
Maddy
If you know where that ice cream study is, send me a link! I'd love to have a justification for all the ice cream in my freezer! I've got my fingers crossed for you.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds lovely, although the thought of putting on the bikini right now strikes terror in my heart, as I am holding onto about 8 extra lbs of not-pregnant-yet-just-fucking-with-your-ego weight.
ReplyDeleteI love days where I do something just for me, and a little sun sounds fabulous, as do the long walks and the klondike bars. I would eat one a day (or 2) if I ended up with a baby!
(OK -- my little "secret word" was just "whalc" which is way too close to "whale" -- now I am going to go eat some celery and just dream about klondike bars....)