Monday, June 28, 2010

Nothing interesting

The day is really pretty and warm here.  Bone warming.

My office desk is still as messy as ever, yet I spent most of the day composing an email to the chair of my department complaining about my lack of laboratory space... an on-going saga for the last 2 years. 

I asked the academic personnel officer about the deadline for my submission for a regular merit increase in my salary.  She wrote back with a cc to my departmental chair. 

Said departmental chair really hates me, and I'm not entirely sure why.  But I realize that my being noisy about space is not very lady-like, and as he's said before, I should go along to get along, even if its bad for me professionally. We don't want others in the department to feel unwelcome.

I wish I had changed my sheets yesterday, as I love fresh sheets.  I feel lazy that I staid home all day yesterday and didn't do any house work.

I am not sleeping 10 hours every night any more.  About 5 nights ago, the difficulty falling asleep set in.  Maybe it's a progesterone symptom.  Maybe not.

My butt hurts less.  The "drug-free" technique that works best for me right now:
1) 10 minutes on the heating pad, warming both my butt and the filled syringe
2) injection in the top part of the target area (lower bothers my hip joint muscles much, much more)
3) massage injection site for about 4-5 minutes
4) cringe at dh concentrating on my not-as-attractive-as-once-was butt, not that it was ever very impressive (ya don't know what ya've got 'til it's gaw-awn)
5) 30-45 minutes on the heating pad

I feel numb emotionally, save for when I'm feeling very annoyed over small irrelevant things that dh does.

Waiting for my beta on Friday morning.  Waiting for my new-dress dinner Friday night.  Waiting for my pedicure on Saturday  Waiting to see what to do next with my life.

2 comments:

  1. wishing you tons of luck on Friday!!!! crossing my fingers and toes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I stop by your site looks completely different :)

    I'm not sleeping either. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete