I've been on a high dose of estrogen for the last couple of weeks thanks to my healing now-non-septate uterus, and have a couple more weeks to go.
I looked around on the web and while I can find scientific studies showing that estrogen supplements can cause dizziness and lack of appetite, etc, I'm not yet convinced that it also leads to bouts of emotional wreckage...
This morning I had a particularly hard time getting out of bed, so came into work late. I was a little peeved at myself for this, but generally ok.
One of the first things on my list of things to do was to call the mail order pharmacy to check to make sure they were processing the prescription order from my doctor, and find out if they needed pre-authorization. I called, and first off, the connection was terrible. So the lady's voice was really loud and warped at one moment and then the next she was really hard to hear. I had a hard time understanding her, and then trying to spell my name was a nightmare. We made it through that fiasco only to then find it impossible to get her to understand what I was asking. I didn't know the order number, or specifically what drugs I was supposed to get from them. There are so many, and I just don't really understand what I'm supposed to get from where, or what all I'm even supposed to get. It's really confusing.
So I hung up and tried to call the nurse who told me to call the mail order pharmacy to check. She's off today and won't be in until tomorrow afternoon, but told me that it was urgent that I get the info on pre-authorization TODAY.
I kind of lost it. It was really really hard not to completely lose it, but I'm at work and I can't walk around with a puffy just-cried-my-eyes-out face. It was REALLY freaking hard to pull it together.
I wish someone else would do this for me... I wish none of this were happening.
Is it the drugs or is it the situation? Is this worth all the pain?
Sounds like it's the frustrating situation compounded by the fact that you have to take this medication which we all know have such unfortunate side effects ...
ReplyDeleteIt will be worth it. Just remember to take deep breaths and keep your goal in sight.
xoxo
thanks. I really needed a reminder of sanity...
ReplyDelete