anyone ever get a bruise from a lupron injection? did my belly for like the 9th time tonight (alternating sides) and it hurt more than usual, a drop of blood, and now it's a little bit of a bruise. is that normal?
Yes, brusing can happen - I've seen a lot of pictures of bruised bellies on people's blogs, some of whom successfully conceived so it's not a problem! I bruised a lot my first cycle, but this past cycle I bruised a lot less. Things I did differently included making sure I used the areas below and to the slight left and right of my belly button, and (I think this is really important) injecting straight into the skin at a 90-degree angle. Something someone else very smart told me to do is to insert the needle quickly, but inject the medication slowly. And don't forget to hold the syringe upside down first with the needle pointing up and flick the vial a couple of times to get rid of the bubbles. There. That's all my injection wisdom. Go forth and multiply.
I can't speak to lupron, but it sounds like you might have hit a blood vessel (not a big deal). I find that some injections are just worse than others.
Yes, brusing can happen - I've seen a lot of pictures of bruised bellies on people's blogs, some of whom successfully conceived so it's not a problem! I bruised a lot my first cycle, but this past cycle I bruised a lot less. Things I did differently included making sure I used the areas below and to the slight left and right of my belly button, and (I think this is really important) injecting straight into the skin at a 90-degree angle. Something someone else very smart told me to do is to insert the needle quickly, but inject the medication slowly. And don't forget to hold the syringe upside down first with the needle pointing up and flick the vial a couple of times to get rid of the bubbles. There. That's all my injection wisdom. Go forth and multiply.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Maddy
I can't speak to lupron, but it sounds like you might have hit a blood vessel (not a big deal). I find that some injections are just worse than others.
ReplyDeletethank you! I'll wear my little bruise around with pride today.
ReplyDelete