Saturday, March 6, 2010

patronizing colleagues

today I spent hours and hours arguing over email with a colleague who kept misrepresenting what I'd written in the previous email.

he's an older guy with a bloated sense of self importance. arrogance reeks from everything he does, and I'm questioning his actual abilities these days given that he can't seem to read a short paragraph and properly describe what it contains.

wtf?

we serve on a committee together, and the committee focuses on one specific issue on campus, Topic X.

so he turns around toda and says that I'm a crazy bitch who is all consumed by Topic X.

he is completely forgetting that Topic X is all we talk about with each other because the only time we communicate is either during committee meetings about Topic X or via email about Topic X that is addressed to the entire committee...

doesn't it seem inherently obvious that the restricted conversation topic is because THAT IS WHAT THE COMMITTEE IS ABOUT? give me a break. i actually HATE Topic X, to be completely honest and wish I had never been asked to serve on this god forsaken committee.

I really hate colleagues like that.

and by the way, that arrogant colleague, I think he's completely obsessed with Topic X. It's all he ever talks about when i see him... psycho. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment