Saturday, April 24, 2010

I didn't even flinch

Yesterday I was scheduled to be interviewed by a journalism student doing a tv program for her master's project.  When she showed up I found a beautiful young woman with a gorgeous pregnant belly standing in front of me with another beautiful young woman doing the filming for her.

Since this was all work related I didn't comment or bring it up, but she did.  Her baby is due in July and I made a comment about how her timing is perfect with her graduation in May. 

AND OF COURSE SHE HAD TO SAY THAT SHE GOT PREGNANT IMMEDIATELY WHEN SHE STARTED TRYING, so she had actually thought she'd have the baby a little later...

You know what I did?  I didn't flinch.  Seriously.  Even inside.  Because deep down, I KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO SAY THIS even before the words left her mouth.

And then later when she said this is her third baby and she's 34 years old.  Again, I didn't flinch.  While this was a little surprising and I may have flinched a little inside, I took it in stride.  Afterall, this is the story of my life.  While I recogize that my life is super easy compared to most women in this world, within my culture very little has come easily for me.  Why in the world should I have ever, ever let myself think that having a baby would be?

So I started the ganirelix yesterday.  It stings and the pre-filled syringes are kinda thick needles.  What gives with that?  Oh well.  Just a couple more months of needles.  I go in on May 10th for a baseline and then start my stims... 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hear you. I commend you for not flinching (I might have actually thrown up), so I think you rock.

    THe Ganirelix needles are about as sharp as spoons, and that shit stings. My rec? Ice before for about a minute and then rub after for a minute or so.

    ReplyDelete