Friday, May 14, 2010

To conceive or not to conceive...

Trying to decide if I should arrange my schedule so as to be home almost all summer and role the fertility dice as many times as possible...

It is so hard to watch myself breaking all of my personal "lines in the sand."  What a crazy freaking situation.

3 comments:

  1. I really don't envy the position you're in. I can imagine though that it's quite tempting to try to roll that fertility dice as much as possible over the summer months as a professor.

    I hope that you're able to reach a decision that you're at peace with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... it always comes down to work vs. fertility, doesn't it? Is there a way you can cycle and travel both? I'm sorry you're struggling with the decision. I know it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it's worth, if you can afford to take the time off, I vote for conceive. We'll have the rest of our lives to work and travel, but a short window to conceive. Make hay while the sun shines, as they say.
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete