Monday, September 6, 2010

me and food

This morning dh and I met an old friend for breakfast.  Dh ordered a big breakfast combo plate so that I could have the chicken-apple-sausage links in addition to my pancakes (that I adore).  The friend ordered granola.

But then, the friend asked if he could have one of my pancakes.  And, one of the two chicken apple sausage links.  I handed them over begrudgingly. 

I ate my two pancakes and one sausage link, the decaf cup of coffee and mine and dh's glass of water in about 5 minutes flat, and then sat there still feeling a bit hungry and a bit peeved as the friend slowly lingered over "his" breakfast... 

What have I become?!

7 comments:

  1. Ugh. Nobody better come between me and my breakfast food!! I'd be upset, too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a generous woman, there is no way I would hand over a pancake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm.... You've become a PREGNANT lady! Next time say, NO the baby NEEDS this food! and let 'em order their own sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pregnant women NEVER hand over their food. This person ought to be shot on sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You let someone take a pancake AND sausage? Seriously? That's crazy. ANd who even asks for someone's breakfast like that? Hmph.

    I'm with you on the last post -- I'm trying to give up superstition and just trying to relax into this whole thing. It is hard, but I think good. THanks for the reminder to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your friend needs to learn some breakfast etiquette! But you did the right thing... I wouldn't be joining that person for breakfast any time soon, though! Really. Who takes a whole pancake and a sausage from a friend's breakfast??? I don't even like sharing bites (and this from before I was pregnant). I stick to my food, you stick to yours. Mmm-kay???

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny. When I was pregnant a few years ago, I would hide food from my husband. It was wierd and has become a big joke now.

    ReplyDelete