Only two of the students who came to my office hours cried... I really need to get a box of tissues.
I was trapped by all of the students for two hours and really, really had to go to the bathroom. I never knew that you can develop physical PAIN from the need to pee...
I was relieved on so many levels when it was time to close my door.
They cried because they didn't make it onto your select list of 10?
ReplyDeleteWow-- the having to pee part sounds really really tough!
Only two? Try elementary education....there's crying in the kindergarten hallway every day!
ReplyDeleteMy select list of ten is actually a select list of 20, but don't tell anyone... and yep, that's why they were crying.
ReplyDeleteI remember crying in third grade b/c my friend did it once and the super awesome teacher I had a crush on took her into the hallway and gave her special attention. I wanted some of that too... :)
Oh the peeing. I fear it's only going to get worse, and who knew that one's bladder could get so small so FAST??
ReplyDeleteMy view? Don't get the tissues. It will discourage the crying. (But I'm mean that way.)
Ahh ... the closed seminar/lab/etc? Yes, there's been much weeping around my office these past few days. Welcome, fall ... I *do* stock tissues.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think you owe it to yourself to post a "out to pee" sign on your door. ;)