None of the books or websites have mentioned this new phase of pregnancy I'm discovering.
I have gotten (fairly) used to my very thick waist, and so it is starting to feel "normal" to not be able to wear my clothes properly.
There hasn't been much change in my belly for a few weeks, at least from my perspective. So aside from the thirst, itchy kinda sore huge breasts, and being panic-y hungry from time to time, I don't feel pregnant. In reality, those symptoms could easily be just a regular day in the life of a woman. I felt more pregnant a few weeks ago.
So, I'm thinking that pregnancy books ought to point out that from about 14 weeks to ? weeks you go through a phase where you no longer feel pregnant. Or maybe it's just me.
for me it was until about 19-20 weeks. Then I was really showing and no longer sick-as-a-dog, and trying to get the gender ultrasound.
ReplyDeleteYep, me too. I am suddenly carrying a bowling ball out front, and my anatomy scan is next week. Definitely, definitely feeling pregnant. Feel any back flips in there yet? That's another "yikes" moment.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny. I have itchy boobs too. It was ten times worse when I was nursing but don't recall it during pregnancy. Soon your full tummy will look like a bump.
ReplyDeleteI've been in this stage for 8 weeks. Guess everyone is different.
ReplyDeleteFor me this has been mainly the status quo since day one, very frustratingly! And is still ongoing. When they told me I had a NINE inch baby in there last week, I was in shock. I feel totally normal these days, and the thickened waist has become totally normal too. My energy has also come back, and I am feeling less stupid, so I don't even think about being pregnant as much anymore. Making it even less real. Suddenly I have developed a new sympathy for those ladies interviewed on TLC who give birth without having known that they were pregnant. I am at >19 weeks!!! When do I get to start feeling pregnant??
ReplyDeleteoops, not that stupidity is necessarily equated with thinking about the pregnancy, I am just saying I am more able to concentrate on work these days.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment. I am sorry you had a Christmas alone. It is harder than I imagined on this side of the fence, but it helps to read stories like yours - the stories with happy endings after all.
ReplyDeleteI have actually heard that before, and it's a really cruel place to be after IF. itchy boobs are a good indicator though...:)
ReplyDelete