Sunday, July 4, 2010

The headache

I'm really prone to tension headaches and the occasional migraine.  I always have a headache on CD 1 and 2.  I started getting a headache last Thursday, which was one of the reasons I was very sure I wasn't pregnant.

And I still have it.  I just can't get this to go away.  I even wake up from the pain in the middle of the night.

And every time I wake up I touch my breasts to see if they've started to hurt.  The answer, not really.  I can pretend that they kind of do, but then again I'm injecting lots and lots of progestrone into my butt every night, so that will make them sore too.

But the headache.

I can hardly wait until Tuesday when I get another blood test.  I really need confirmation.  It feels like a cruel joke that I have started to mentally rearrange my life based on one phone call from the dr's office. (And I canceled my work trip to Europe this week, just in case of an ectopic pregnancy -- at the advice of my dr.)  What if there was a mistake?

I've never wanted to feel nauseous so much in my life.

5 comments:

  1. InB, headaches are pretty common in pregnancy. With LG I think it went away around the second trimester, but I took a TON of Tylenol. I know my RE said I could also take Fioricet during pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the headache. That's actual how I know I'm pregnant. Horrible, constant headaches. My MFM okayed a single cup of coffee with tylenol, the caffeine really helps. Just take deep breaths, I know the waiting is crazy making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am soooo with you. I keep thinking I am nauseated, but then, well, I'm just thinking it.

    Take tylenol. My RE confirmed (2x, because I am a nutcase) that it was ok. Because a persistent headache is enough to kill even the best of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the headache goes away soon and the phone call brings great news or at least relief. That is a shame to have to cancel a trip to Europe on account of damn infertility. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting!!!!! Don't give up YET!!! :) This could very well be the one!

    Wow, I am thrilled for you. I have tons of hope and confidence for YOU (not for me tho, he he. Of course.).

    ReplyDelete