I can't thank you all enough for the incredibly supportive comments!!! I got to the dr's office about 15 minutes early and sat there reading your comments over and over to keep my head together. My appintment was basically on time, but it felt like for-freaking-ever.
I go to a teaching hospital, and so the dr (not my regular RE, unfortunately) had the dr-in-training do the wanding first. She's concentrating really hard on the screen, not saying a word, and then he steps over and has no expression either. So I steel myself for what is obviously going to be bad news. The dr then tells the dr-in-training to tell me what she's seeing... and she says that she sees the sac and the baby (yes, she actually called it a baby, which I think more experienced dr's don't do, but I thought was cute), and a heartbeat!!!
There is only one, so we gotta stop referring to them as "the babies".
And the other news, which is not so good, is that the dr said that the fetus is measuring small. I haven't yet found the data on the web about what is normal for length at 7 weeks, but I will keep searching. Of course there just had to be something to worry about. But the heart rate is 124 which is apparently exactly where you want it to be for right now. And the dr did say that there is so much error measuring these things with sonograms that it isn't all that concerning since the heart rate is so good.
The odd twist of fate was that this was the same dr that did the test where I found out about the septate uterus. Yep, the last time I went to a test by myself... oof. I was a nerevous puddle, to say tthe least. I really can't help but be superstitious. Luckily, just maybe, we broke the pattern with him.
As for my father in law, thank you so much for you best wishes. Turns out that he had a mild heart attack and does have some damage to his heart tissue. They are doing an angiogram tomorrow morning and will find out immediately whether or not he needs a stint or two or open heart surgery.
I feel so terrible for Dh. His mom is a mess and it is all on him right now. Thankfully I didn't have to give him more bad news today.
I love you all. Thank you SO much for getting me through this really hard day. I seriously don't know what I'd do without you.
love, InB
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking of you today and am so glad to hear about the awesome heart rate and good news...I'm sorry about your FIL...hope he comes through it all okay. (Hugs)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Maddy
I was thinking of you ... so glad that the news was positive, and we'll continue to think good thoughts! Don't worry about measurements yet ... if the heart was beating at the right speed, that counts for a lot!
ReplyDeletei am so glad that you saw the little bean. great heartbeat. I hope the measurements catch up, I know that are not always accurate and vary depending on who is doing the scan. wishing your father in law and the rest of the family well. I hope that he is on the road to recovery. When do you go back for scan?
ReplyDeleteOMG I am so happy!!! That is very exciting and must be a huge relief!
ReplyDeleteVery sorry to hear about your father in law -- I hope he recovers soon.
wrt length, I read something that it grows a mm/ day starting at 6w, and should be 4-5mm at that time. But remember, there is tons of variability in measuring -- the thing is the size of a pumpkin seed, at best, so error with measuring seems unavoidable! but 124bpm? That is great!!
Okay, one hurdle down! Celebrate that!
ReplyDeleteThinking good thoughts...
Hooray for a great heartbeat!
ReplyDeleteThis is great, great news! Congrats
ReplyDelete