Sunday, July 18, 2010

seriously?

For all IF women, this is a cruel joke. Not sure if the link will work, but some woman in Utah has two uteruses and, yes, is pregnant in both at the same freaking time. I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

On a very different note, you know how I said that I really need to hold Dh's hand tomorrow for the sonogram? Well, the cruel timing of life happened. Dh's dad ended up in the hospital yesterday, so Dh had to drive 6 hours to be there this morning to help out. Sounds like his Dad will be ok, though maybe not the same again. But Dh won't be home for several days at the earliest.

This means I get to go to the ultrasound appointment by myself.

I am looking at it as a test of the theory of 'bad luck'. Last time I went to a test like this by myself I found out that I had a septate uterus and needed surgery. The time before that was the miscarriage diagnosis. SOOO... we'll see what happens. I keep repeating the mantra "good things DO happen... good things DO happen..."

7 comments:

  1. Good things do happen...keep repeating that to yourself. I will be keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow that you get wonderful, reassuring news.

    How is your husband's father doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good things DO happen. Thinking of you and your husband's father, wishing you the best tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good things happen. I promise.
    I'm wishing you all the best of luck for tomorrow.
    And I hope your husband's father recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While you'll be physically alone, you won't be alone in spirit. We'll be here with you, praying for you and wishing for good things. Because they DO happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh I am crossing my fingers so hard for you today!!! Things look very very good for this pregnancy, but the first u/s is just so incredibly scary. The good news is that it will be over soon (maybe it already is over), and then you will have peace of mind for, oh at least 2 or 3 days! :)

    Hoping very hard for good news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good things DO happen and we will all be right there with you, holding your hand in spirit.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about DHs dad and hope the situation is better by now.

    ReplyDelete